County Endowment Fund

The County Endowment Fund Program, originally created by HF 2302, is separate from the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program. 

 

Through the County Endowment Fund Program, a percentage of the state's gaming tax revenue is distributed to community foundations in the 85 counties that do not hold a state issued gaming license.  The community foundation organizations then granted 75 percent of those funds to charitable projects within their counties and placed the remaining 25 percent in a permanent endowment fund, which is intended to attract other donations and provide a source of permanent funding for charitable projects within the county.

 

Click here to see a list of the most recent county recipients. Fourteen (14) counties are not eligible for the funding because state-licensed gaming facilities are located in those counties. 

 

The Program is administered by the Iowa Economic Department Authority (IEDA) which works closely with the Iowa Council of Foundations (ICOF) in coordinating the program and determining the community foundation recipients of the funding. 

 

For more information on the County Endowment Fund Program please view one of the annual publications below which are produced by the Iowa Council of Foundations in partnership with the Iowa Gaming Association. The color of the cover images here may appear different than its corresponding printed report.

 

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: The 2014-2015 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: the 2013-2014 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: The 2012-2013 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: the 2011-2012 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: the 2010-2011 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: the 2009-2010 County Endowment Program

Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy: the 2008-2009 County Endowment Program

County Endowment Fund Report 2007-08

County Endowment Fund Report 2006-07

County Endowment Fund Report 2005-06